February 28, 2008

Apocalypse

The start was very pleasant sir
Not as bleak as it seems
I did not have to look too far
For penning down my dreams

It seems quite hard as I look back
It was much easy then
I would work hard until I crack
So I was called insane

I was the best yes that I'm sure
Why ain't I as good now
Maybe that is coz I lost my touch
I still do not know how

I have a dream, I used to say
To reach the top and stay
I nearly reached the peak, I did
Till everything below gave way

I lay spread-eagled on the floor
I simply wondered on
Why did the others go ahead
Just then I felt alone


Yes, I have friends, many I have
They are what helped me see
Yet even they could not save
What I had lost in me


I will be back I thought back then
Now I have gone too far
I chose to go down the easy lane
I can't turn back the car

My days of glory are long gone
I let them go away
But I'm happy, I ain't alone
And I am here to stay

1 comment:

T. Mukherjee said...

I loved the poem. But I couldn't understand the significance of the title. Wasn't it a verse of hope? Why "Apocalypse"?