February 22, 2008

Do you know

Remember the rose you smelt in spring
When you were only four
There is no use in trying
It won't come back any more

I wish the world would read my verse
I wish it would realise
Today I tell the universe
Today I tell no lies

Where have all those years gone

Why ain't she here with me
I may not know the answer
Even when I'm history

As all men come and all men go
The moon still shines above
Every night it puts up another show
It stares and mocks my love

Now I must say is there no way
That I can reach the sky
So that there I can only say
I request a reply

Do you know how much tough it is
To go and say goodbye
I know it never seems as hard
Until after you try

I know I am not good enough
For you to look up to
But it was not always as tough
To be the best one knew

I am not as good a human being
As some others around me
But yet I think I'm good enough
To be a bit happy

1 comment:

T. Mukherjee said...

Wonderful lyric poetry.